How often can I ask for an increase in child support? What if I don't have the money to hire a lawyer to ask for more support?

Anytime there has been a change in circumstances. Generally, the Friend of the Court offers a free review every three years, with or without a change of circumstances.

The Friend of the Court can give you forms with which to petition the court for more support if you cannot afford a lawyer. The forms are very simple to fill out and have good instructions.